Bliley is seeking a Senior Oscillator Engineer to join a team and culture that is built around high performing Precision Time and Frequency products. As a Bliley Senior Oscillator Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to continue the focus on quality throughout the product development and manufacturing lifecycles, maintain and derive new oscillator designs that drive the company forward, and participate and lead continuous improvement efforts.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative professional that can lead through their personality traits. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity touch all aspects of oscillator design and manufacturing. We're pushing the envelopes on phase noise, temp stability, power consumption and g-senstivity. If you can convert 0.134Hz on a 100MHz oscillator to PPB in your sleep, you may be perfect for the role!
Our engineers work directly with our customers, factory staff, and external suppliers to qualify processes, develop product requirements, design oscillator circuits, oversee manufacturing of oscillator circuits, and plan then conduct qualification testing on new designs. You will be expected to be a subject matter expert for all things quartz crystals during our design and product life cycle process.
Bliley has been around since 1930, but we like to think of ourselves as a startup trapped in an 85-year-old company… so you’ll have the opportunity to hone your entrepreneurial skills and learn new ones too.
This is a permanent full-time or part-time role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Qualifications: Engineer II
A day in life:
- Establish and maintain oscillator system requirements and design documentation including test planning.
- Participate in design reviews typical of our product life cycle pricess.
- Design oscillator circuits to meet aggressive performance and cost targets.
- Component selection and qualification related oscillator design.
- Organize and conduct product qualification testing at the QTP (Qualification Test Plan) level of the NPI (New Product Introduction) phase of the lifecycle.
- Collaborate and report out to customers on issues, corrective actions, project lifecycle requirements, FAI (First Article Inspections), and source inspections.
- Report to the Engineering Management on the key characteristics and metrics related to oscillator design and production activities.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical Thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Robust skills in numerical and statistical analysis
- Ability to be a leader and a great team player
- Degree educated with a BS degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant industry experience of at least 10 years as a oscillator design engineer
- Working knowledge of various resonator types and circuits
- Working knowledge of various crystal cuts and when to use them
- VCO and TCXO design expertise a plus
About Bliley Technologies
Our vision is a precisely timed future not limited by bandwidth.
We hope to inspire and enable our customer’s innovations with our products, allowing them to go further than they ever thought possible.
We’re open & transparent.
We refuse to compromise our integrity.
We’re empathetic, curious & collaborative.