Bliley is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join a team and culture that is built around high quality driven products. As Bliley’s QA Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to continue the focus on quality throughout the product development and manufacturing lifecycles, maintain and derive quality driven metrics that drives the company forward, and participate and lead continuous productivity through process improvement efforts.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative professional that can lead through their personality traits. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity baseline quality metrics, recommend and develop continuous process improvement initiatives, while maintaining the organizations Quality Management Systems compliance to AS9100.
Our QA Engineers work directly with our customers, employees, external suppliers to qualify processes, monitor quality performance, and develop product requirements. On a monthly basis you will be responsible for leading Senior Management through quality scorecards and status on critical activities.
Bliley has been around since 1930, but we like to think of ourselves as a startup trapped in an 85-year-old company… so you’ll have the opportunity to hone your entrepreneurial skills and learn new ones too.
This is a permanent full-time role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Qualifications: Quality Engineer
A day in life:
- Establish and maintain Quality Management System (QMS), create, improve and audit processes, policies and procedures within the new product development and manufacturing lifecycles.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics that drives a high level of focus around lean manufacturing without sacrificing quality.
- Manage the performance of suppliers and the quality of the products and/or services they provide.
- Inspect and run product qualification testing at the QTP (Qualification Test Plan) level of the NPI (New Product Introduction) phase of the lifecycle.
- Own and manage MRB (Material Review Board)/FRB (Failure Review Board) activities and RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Action) process.
- Collaborate and report out to customers on issues, corrective actions, project lifecycle requirements, FAI (First Article Inspections), and source inspections.
- Report to the Senior Management on a monthly basis the company’s quality health, key metrics and key initiatives.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Requires BS degree in engineering or equivalent, and 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written to the production workforce and management, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, well organized and self-motivated.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Robust skills in numerical and statistical analysis.
- Ability to be a leader and a great team player.
- Per ITAR Compliance must be a U.S. Citizen.
About Bliley Technologies
Our vision is a precisely timed future not limited by bandwidth.
We hope to inspire and enable our customer’s innovations with our products, allowing them to go further than they ever thought possible.
We’re open & transparent.
We refuse to compromise our integrity.
We’re empathetic, curious & collaborative.