Bliley is seeking a Product Design Engineer to join a team and culture that is built around high-quality driven products. As Bliley’s Product Design Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to assist in designing and developing Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) using Altium and other CAD tools to finalize circuit schematics, PCB assemblies, Bill of Materials (BOM), and manage the document control process associated with the design. You’ll lead the effort in working with engineers to place critical components and design PCB layouts that derives the final products RF, analog and/or digital circuit performance.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative professional that can lead through their personality traits. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity be accountable for the company’s execution of advanced precision timing and frequency control products, New Product Introduction (NPI) to the factory, continuous improvement, product sustainability, and manufacturing and testing productivity.
Our Product Design Engineer will work with the engineering and manufacturing organizations to execute new product developments, and sustainability of products throughout the manufacturing lifecycle. You’ll team with the Engineering Manager to execute NPIs, communicate issues and risks, provide technical support, and report progress to the management.
Bliley has been around since 1930, but we like to think of ourselves as a startup trapped in a 90-year-old company… so you’ll have the opportunity to hone your entrepreneurial skills and learn new ones too.
This is a permanent full-time role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Qualifications: Engineering I
A Day in the Life
- Assist in designing and developing Printed Circuit Boards (PCB).
- Use Altium and other CAD tools in preparing PCB assembly and schematics.
- Perform component placement and maintain integrity between components.
- Design PCB Layouts to develop high -reliable RF, analog and/or digital circuits.
- Work with a project team in understanding circuit requirements and limitations.
- Develop design documentations and requirements specifications for assigned projects.
- Provide support to the Change Control Board (CCB) when required.
- Review and recommend improvements to the existing designs for product sustainability.
- Assist in preparing test procedures and developing test fixtures to verify PCB functionality.
- Develop and maintain design documentation and present the objective evidence to the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) at the lifecycle gates (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, PRR).
- Identify and manage issues and potential risks to the product development, and work with the team to resolve and mitigate.
- Stay updated with latest design techniques.
- Organize and prepare daily tasks to maximize time management and identify productivity opportunities within the development lifecycle.
- On time delivery of all tasks, communicate with the team, and be a great team player and leader.
- Track individual performance to assigned activities, short and long term goals and objectives.
- Works with little direction and within a structured process, system and team environment to deliver on department and company requirements.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- Requires a BS degree in engineering or equivalent and 2+ years of experience, or 10+ years of experience.
- Experience in working with Military and Space requirements/documentation.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally through face-to-face and email discussions.
- Ability to listen and comprehend situations where information is missing.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Attention to detail, well organized and self-motivated.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to work within Microsoft product suites and other computer software applications.
- Per ITAR Compliance must be a U.S. Citizen.
About Bliley Technologies
Our vision is a precisely timed future not limited by bandwidth.
We hope to inspire and enable our customer’s innovations with our products, allowing them to go further than they ever thought possible.
We’re open & transparent.
We refuse to compromise our integrity.
We’re empathetic, curious & collaborative.