Bliley is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join a team and culture that is built around high-quality driven products. As Bliley’s Mechanical Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity design mechanical packages and subsystems using SolidEdge/SolidWorks and other design tools for our advanced precision timing and frequency control products through Bliley’s and industry best practices, modular development that maximizes re-use, and product requirements and performance targets. You’ll be the point of contact for the interface from New Product Development (NPD) to New Product Introduction (NPI) to manufacturing and qualification test results.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative professional that can lead through their personality traits. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity be accountable for the company’s execution of advanced precision timing and frequency control products, New Product Introduction (NPI) to the factory, continuous improvement, product sustainability, and design for manufacturability and testability.
Our Mechanical Engineer will work with the product design team to execute product design, simulations, analysis, unit testing and the release process to manufacturing. You’ll team with the multi-functional groups to execute NPIs, communicate issues and risks, provide technical support, and manage Non-Conforming Reports (NCR) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) during product sustainability phase.
Bliley has been around since 1930, but we like to think of ourselves as a startup trapped in a 90-year-old company… so you’ll have the opportunity to hone your entrepreneurial skills and learn new ones too.
This is a permanent full-time role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Qualifications: Engineering I
A Day in the Life
- Design basic mechanical components and make necessary calculations under the direction and supervision of a more senior engineer.
- Responsible for running environmental simulations for structural and thermal stability, analyze the results and improve the design.
- Test mechanical components per approved test plan and procedures and collect test results in a structured format.
- Research and analyze components for design selection.
- Support more senior engineers with documentation and review at lifecycle gates (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, PRR).
- Communicate known issues and potential risks to the design team, and work with the team to resolve and mitigate.
- Organize and prepare daily tasks to maximize time management.
- Understand the company's budgetary and schedule plans for the objectives assigned and comply within those limits.
- On time delivery of all tasks, communicate with the team, and be a great team player.
- Track individual performance to assigned activities, short and long-term goals and objectives.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- Requires a BS degree in engineering or equivalent and 2+ years of experience, or 10+ years of experience.
- Experience in working with Military and Space requirements/documentation.
- Ability to leverage computer simulation tools and CAD/CAM modeling tools.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally through face-to-face and email discussions.
- Ability to listen and comprehend situations where information is missing.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Attention to detail, well organized and self-motivated.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to work within Microsoft product suites and other computer software applications.
- Per ITAR Compliance must be a U.S. Citizen.
About Bliley Technologies
Our vision is a precisely timed future not limited by bandwidth.
We hope to inspire and enable our customer’s innovations with our products, allowing them to go further than they ever thought possible.
We’re open & transparent.
We refuse to compromise our integrity.
We’re empathetic, curious & collaborative.