Bliley is seeking a motivated individual with a high "get sh*t done" quotient to help manage New Product Development and New Product Introduction projects. As a Bliley Engineering Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to manage a multidisciplinary team, interact with customers, and shape plans to meet our company's growth objectives within the advanced precision timing and frequency control market place.
We’re looking for a passionate and organized individual that has a desire to lead a team to complete a wide variety of R&D and product development efforts including new development, features added and sustaining engineering activities. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the Executive team, grow a team of engineers and technicians and develop as a business leader.
Our Engineering Manager will work with senior leadership and our VP of Operations to execute and measure our company’s product development and R&D efforts. You’ll be responsible for managing project execution (budget, schedule and scope constraints), measure and report engineering performance metrics, and be the point of interface for the cross-functional areas within the company. Also, you’ll have a critical role in facilitating organizational direction, priorities, communications, and individual growth.
You’ll have the opportunity to support sales related activities with customer briefings and demonstrations. We have a solid start and growing team of talent engineers. We want you to help take us to the next level, positioning Bliley as a trusted partner in both our industry and wider technology arenas as well.
Bliley has been around since 1930, but we like to think of ourselves as a startup trapped in an 85-year-old company… so you’ll have the opportunity to hone your entrepreneurial skills and learn new ones too.
This is a permanent full-time role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Qualifications: Senior Professional
A day in life:
- Utilize and analyze information in the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in order for the company to make business decisions.
- Works and leads a team to define actions within the company's processes, and systems to deliver on department and company requirements.
- Own the responsibility for the team’s ability to identify, mitigate and resolve issues and potential risks, and escalate to management.
- Organize and lead daily tasks identification within the team to maximize time management, and productivity for the company's critical activities.
- Develop and manages the functional teams budgetary plan for the objectives assigned, and make adjustments to the business constraints based on financial analysis.
- Responsible for on time delivery of all tasks within the functional team, communicate with the team, and be a great team player and leader.
- Identify and delegate tasks to the team based on their individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Identify, assign and track individual and team performance to analyze the successful completion of activities, short and long term goals and objectives.
- Use and develop leadership skills.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Requires a Bachelor degree in technology, business or equivalent, or 15+ years of experience, where an MBA is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external face-to-face and email discussions.
- Ability to direct, oversees and leads personnel, and is a great team player through coordination, and motivational leadership.
- Solid foundation of business level processes, policies, procedures and mythologies.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have advanced computer skills to work within Microsoft product suites and other computer software applications.
- Per ITAR Compliance must be a U.S. Citizen.
About Bliley Technologies
Our vision is a precisely timed future not limited by bandwidth.
We hope to inspire and enable our customer’s innovations with our products, allowing them to go further than they ever thought possible.
We’re open & transparent.
We refuse to compromise our integrity.
We’re empathetic, curious & collaborative.