Bliley is seeking an Embedded Hardware/Firmware Engineer to join a team and culture that is built around high-quality driven products. As Bliley’s Embedded Hardware/Firmware Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and optimize world class positioning and timing (PNT) systems whose high performance depends on reliable and well architected algorithms. You’ll be a critical team member for developing many of our high-performance systems.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative professional who thrives in a team environment. You’ll work with the rest of the engineering team to execute New Product Introductions (NPIs), communicate issues and risks, provide technical support, and report progress to the management and customers.
Bliley has been around since 1930, but we like to think of ourselves as a startup trapped in an 90-year-old company… so you’ll have the opportunity to hone your entrepreneurial skills and learn new ones too.
This is a permanent full-time role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Qualifications: Engineering II
A Day in the Life
- Develop and design firmware code for new products for positioning and timing (PNT) systems.
- Use test equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc.) to test firmware code in PNT system.
- Conduct mathematical and engineering analysis to support system performance improvements based on firmware algorithms
- Work closely with other team members including systems engineers, Oscillator/RF engineers and feedback design adjustments to the hardware designers
- Develop microcontroller code to manage serial communications
- Analyze component datasheets to determine optimal settings and create code to control those settings
- Analyze new processors and FPGAs for next generation designs and work with other engineers on the team for the system design
- Develop and maintain Firmware design documentation and conduct design reviews
- Works with little direction and within a structured process, system and team environment to deliver on department and company requirements.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- Requires a BS degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering or related field, or 15+ years of experience.
- Strong working knowledge of embedded software, C programming and compliers
- Direct experience with Microprocessors and/or timing devices
- Ability to communicate internally and externally through face-to-face and email discussions.
- Ability to listen and comprehend situations where information is missing.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Attention to detail, well organized and self-motivated.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Skills in FPGA design is desirable
- Skills in MATLAB and/or Labview are a bonus
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (Per ITAR Compliance)
About Bliley Technologies
Our vision is a precisely timed future not limited by bandwidth.
We hope to inspire and enable our customer’s innovations with our products, allowing them to go further than they ever thought possible.
We’re open & transparent.
We refuse to compromise our integrity.
We’re empathetic, curious & collaborative.