Bliley is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to join a team and culture that is built around high quality driven products. As Bliley’s QA Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the company’s focus on quality throughout the product development and manufacturing lifecycles, maintain and derive quality driven metrics that drives the company forward, and participate and lead continuous productivity through process improvement efforts.
We’re looking for a passionate and collaborative professional that can lead through their personality traits. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity baseline quality metrics, recommend and develop continuous process improvement initiatives, while maintaining the organizations Quality Management Systems compliance to AS9100.
Our QA Manager work directly with our customers, employees, external suppliers to qualify processes, monitor quality performance, and develop product requirements. You’ll develop and direct quality assurance procedures so that a company’s products meet internal and external standards before shipment to customers. You’ll work in a variety of areas ranging from manufacturing to business activities, play a vital role in establishing processes and standards, and ensure that the organization adheres to these guidelines.
Bliley has been around since 1930, but we like to think of ourselves as a startup trapped in an 85-year-old company… so you’ll have the opportunity to hone your entrepreneurial skills and learn new ones too.
This is a permanent full-time role with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Job Qualifications: Quality Engineer
A day in life:
- Establish and enact quality assurance procedures and methodologies within the Quality Management System (QMS) throughout the manufacturing, development and business processes.
- Assess current production and inspection systems and develop new solutions to enhance quality control, frequently working with production managers and other leaders to enact and improve these procedures.
- Direct and coordinate quality assurance and quality control personnel, instructing them on new or revised processes, policies, procedures and systems and providing oversight during the QA process.
- Develop and report recurring quality issues, audit findings, performance metrics of the business to all Management.
- Ensure and maintain detailed records of quality assurance activities and issues.
- Enhance performance by analyzing and assessing quality control and assurance data, find patterns and areas for improvements based on QA data over time and utilizes these reports to improve processes and performance.
- Lead overall production and manufacturing efficiency by identifying opportunities to enhance productivity, implementing cost-saving and efficiency-enhancing solutions both in quality assurance procedures and production activities as a whole.
- Own and manage MRB (Material Review Board)/FRB (Failure Review Board) activities and RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Action) process.
- Collaborate and report out to customers on issues, corrective actions, project lifecycle requirements, FAI (First Article Inspections), and source inspections.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Requires BS degree in engineering or equivalent, and 10+ years of experience.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written to the production workforce, management, suppliers and customers, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Solid foundation of quality assurance process, policies, procedures and mythologies.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Robust skills in numerical and statistical analysis, and extensive knowledge with process improvement and enhancement.
- Ability to direct, oversees and leads personnel, and is a great team player through coordination, and motivational leadership.
- Per ITAR Compliance must be a U.S. Citizen.
About Bliley Technologies
Our vision is a precisely timed future not limited by bandwidth.
We hope to inspire and enable our customer’s innovations with our products, allowing them to go further than they ever thought possible.
We’re open & transparent.
We refuse to compromise our integrity.
We’re empathetic, curious & collaborative.